This accessibility statement applies to www.kettering.gov.uk.
This website is run by North Northamptonshire Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• change colours, contrast levels and fonts
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- many older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- PDF documents that are provided by external customers for Planning purposes
- Live video streams do not have captions
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact us.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact WebTeam.NCC@northnorthants.gov.uk.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
You can contact us via a text relay service for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
North Northamptonshire Council is committed to making its Kettering area website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
We are currently identifying issues that mean the site does not successfully pass all WCAG 2.1 criterion in order that we can resolve them. As part of local councils joining to form a Unitary Authority, we will be creating a new website that will fully meet accessibility regulations.
- Many of our older PDFs don’t meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be marked up so they’re accessible to a screen reader. Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. We plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages or online forms.
Please Note: The accessibility regulations don’t require the Council to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25th May 2021. It was last reviewed on 25th May 2021.
This website was last tested in May 2021. The test was carried out by Sitemorse.