Business grants are now being issued
1,274 payments to the value of £15.605 million have been released to businesses
As of 9th April 2020, 1,274 payments to the value of £15.605 million have been released by Kettering Borough Council to businesses that are eligible for a grant under the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund. The process has been applied to all qualifying and eligible business automatically with no application process. All eligible payments have now been made.
The Government Guidance relating to these schemes is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-business-support-grant-funding.
In summary, the government scheme that the Council has applied contains the following measures:
- A twelve month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England.
- Small Business Grant Funding of £10,000 for all businesses in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief.
- Grant funding under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant (RHLG), businesses in England that would have been in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) on 11 March with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for the following cash grants per property.
- a rateable value of up to and including £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000
- a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000
Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme. Businesses which are not ratepayers in the Business Rates system are not included in this scheme. Only one grant is allowed for each premises.
Where the Council holds existing bank details, these payments have been made direct into the bank account (these will be businesses currently paying by direct debit). Where the Council doesn’t hold bank account details, these be paid by cheque. We ask you to please check your post at your business address when payments have been made.
If you have any issues accessing your cheque payment, please ring the Council on 01536 410333.
The payments will be accompanied with an explanatory letter and a declaration (Appendix A to the letter) that must be completed and returned to Kettering Borough Council to complete the government returns. The declaration can be completed online.
Keep up-to-date with the latest news and available support announced by the Government. We've also set up pages with information on other financial support available as well as the latest guidance and advice.