Family History Sessions at the Manor House Museum
Unveiling the past and discovering your family tree
Ever wondered about your family history? Andrea Pettingale, local historian and professional genealogist, will be leading new Saturday morning sessions at the Manor House Museum. Offering monthly workshops and tailored one-to-one advice sessions on your family heritage.
Whether you’re an absolute beginner or in the midst of uncovering your family tree, there is something for everyone, with a different themed workshop every month.
The 1 hour workshop sessions begin at 11am on the following dates:
• Saturday 9th September: Researching family history online: Getting the best from the internet.
• Saturday 7th October: Exploring Church records.
• Saturday 4th November: Exploring overseas records: Immigration, emigration and researching in other countries.
• Saturday 2nd December: How to get started on your Family History.
• Saturday 6th January: Criminal records revealed.
• Saturday 3rd February: Military Family History.
• Saturday 3rd March: Irish Family History.
• Saturday 7th April: Workhouse and hospital records.
• Saturday 5th May: Writing your Family History.
Workshop tickets are £5 per person or £3.50 with a Kettering Leisure Pass. Or book onto 3 consecutive sessions for just £12.
Or, if you’re in need of more in-depth analysis to help with your research, opt for a one-to-one session, offering personalised advice and research resources. These take place on the same dates as the workshops from 1pm onwards.
Bookable in consecutive order only.
One-to-one session tickets are £12.50 per session (30 minutes) or £10 with a Kettering Leisure Pass.
To book a workshop or a one-to-one session, contact the Manor House Museum on 01536 534219, or email email@example.com.