Kettering Crematorium ranks highly in latest national performance indicators
Crematorium tops its group in 7 APSE categories, and in top quartile for another 4.
Following the recent release of Association for Public Service Excellence (APSE) performance indicators, Kettering Crematorium has been rated extremely highly compared to similarly sized locations.
In the C3 grouping, for all crematoria & cemeteries completing over 2500 funerals per year, Kettering Crematorium is ranked:
- 1st nationally – net cost of crematoria service per head of population (PI 27b)
- 1st nationally – net cost of total service per head of population (crematoria & cemeteries) (PI 27c)
- 1st nationally – net cost of crematoria service per household (PI 28b)
- 2nd nationally – Net Cost per disposal (PI 10a)
- 3rd nationally – Number of cremations per Full Time Employees) (PI31b)
- 4th nationally – All staff costs per disposal (funeral service) (PI07)
The Crematorium topped the group in 7 categories, and was in the top quartile for another 4.
Shirley Plenderleith, Head of Public Services at Kettering Borough Council, said:
“Kettering Crematorium continues to provide a high quality service and we’re delighted that this is highlighted in the recent APSE indicators. We’ve also introduced a new pre-paid cremation plan, as we continue to work hard to ease the burden of a funeral in a family’s time of need.”