Coronavirus - Supporting Business
Council - Business Rates and Grants
The Restart Grant scheme is available from 1st April 2021 to support businesses that are still facing disruption to reopen safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Your business must be in the rating list and trading as at 1st April 2021.
An application is required and eligible businesses will be paid:
- a one-off grant of up to £6,000 in the non-essential retail sector
- a one-off grant of up to £18,000 in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors
If you do not qualify for the Restart Grant, please be aware that the Council is currently developing a discretionary grant. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and we will be in touch once the discretionary scheme is available.
Local Restrictions Support Grant – National Lockdown for Closed Businesses
Applications for the following closed grant schemes have now closed:
- November national lockdown 5th November to 1st December 2020
- Tiers 2, 3 and 4 - 2nd December 2020 to 4th January 2021
- January national lockdown first payment cycle - 5th January to 15th February 2021
Grants worth up to £4,714 for a qualifying period between 16th February to 31st March 2021 could still be distributed to business forced to close.