Coronavirus and Our Services
Housing and Repairs
We are working hard to ensure that we can continue providing our most essential services whilst protecting your safety and that of our workforce. We are also mindful of the need to provide wider social help to those most in need in the whole community and therefore some of our staff and vehicles are likely to be diverted onto other tasks, as agreed with the Government.
As a result, from Monday 23rd March 2020, we will be implementing important changes to our repairs service, which are as follows:
- We will now only attend to undertake emergency repairs.
- We will ask tenants additional questions to ascertain whether they or anyone in their household are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or whether they are in an at-risk group that is self-isolating.
- A decision will be made on a case-by-case basis, taking into account your safety and that of our workforce, as to whether and how we will carry out repairs.
- When we attend a property, we will take all necessary safety precautions in line with Government guidance. This will include the need for you and your household to stay in another room whilst our workforce complete the works. As guidance changes, the wearing of full-face mask and protective clothing may also be necessary.
- We will continue to undertake our annual gas safety check when and where it is possible to do so.
- We are redeploying most of our workforce from our responsive repairs team to our vacant properties team where they can work more safely in isolation.
- We are reviewing our list of jobs that are currently outstanding to see which repairs we can safely action at this time.
- We are also reviewing our capital programme for 2020/21 so that we can deliver as many improvements as possible without compromising the safety of residents or our workforce.
Although our service to you is changing given the current situation, please be assured that we will do our very best to continue undertaking essential maintenance works to your home.