Coronavirus - Our Services
Council Tax and Benefits
Test and Trace Support Payments
If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and have been told to self-isolate OR you are a parent/guardian of a child or young person in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate, you may be entitled to financial support.
Eligible individuals can make a claim up to 42 days after the first day of an individual’s period of self-isolation. Applications made after 42 days cannot be accepted.
If you meet all of the following eligibility criteria, you are entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500:
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on or after 28 September 2020, OR you are a parent/guardian of a child or young person in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate.
- You are employed or self-employed.
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result.
- You are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-related Employment and Support Allowance, income-related Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
You may be eligible for a £500 discretionary payment if you meet all the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- are receiving Council Tax Support, or, although you do not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Employment and Support Allowance, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and or Pension Credit, you have applied for or appealed a refusal for one of these options during your isolation period.
- you will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self-isolating.
We offer a variety of forms including Apply for Council Tax Support, Change of Address, Change of Income and Change of Household Members. During this time, please e-mail us evidence instead of making a visit.
You can visit the Connect Online Portal to access your Council Tax account and correspondence. Need to let our Council Tax know about a change? We offer a variety of online forms including moves, discounts and exemption.
Due to the current situation, any hearings due to take place at Northampton Magistrates Court will be postponed.