Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Emergency Planning in Northamptonshire



Live Flood Warnings and Advice

Who to contact about flooding

If the flooding is an emergency with potential risk to life, please call the emergency services immediately on 999
For flooding affecting a highway, please report it to Northamptonshire Highways on 0300 126 1000
If the flood is from a main river, please call the 24hr Floodline at 0345 988 1188
If the flooding is from a sewer, please call the Anglian Water emergency line 08457 145145
If the flooding is water draining from a brook/river/stream etc please contact the Environment Agency on 0800 807060 (their emergency telephone number)
For non-emergency flooding, please report via Northamptonshire County Council's Report A Flood Form


Flooding Advice For The Public from Public Health England and The Environment Agency

Flooding: Advice for the public

Current flood warnings

Visit the Met Office website to see current flood warnings.

Get prepared: Flood Toolkit

Flooding can happen at any time and sometimes with little warning. Therefore preparation is key to making sure you, your family and your friends are safe, as well as reducing the damage to your home and treasured belongings.
The Northamptonshire Flood Toolkit website can help you get prepared for flooding.

Community flood preparation: Pathfinder II

Pathfinder II aims to facilitate community-led improvements in resilience and preparedness amongst communities who are at risk of surface water flooding in Northamptonshire, complementing other flood risk management activities.

Sandbags and pumping out

Please contact your relevant Local Authority for support;
Kettering Borough Council 01536 410333 Lines are open Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm and out of hours 01536 416 005
Corby Borough Council  01536 464000  and out of hours emergency telephone number is 01536 400088
East Northamptonshire Council  01832 742000 and out of hours emergency telephone number is 01832 733530

Flooded business premises

If flood water has entered your business premises then call your Local Authority's Environmental Health team.
You must call us if there is believed to be:

  • a risk to public health or
  • a food premises serving food has been flooded or
  • a property/premises where Environmental Health is the enforcing authority has been flooded.