High Street Heritage Action Zone
North Northamptonshire Council launches Grant Programme
High Street Heritage Action Zones (HSHAZ) is a Historic England initiative intended to "Breathe new life into our town centres by revitalising buildings and helping to regenerate a vibrant place for locals, businesses and visitors”.
Historic England work with local people and North Northamptonshire Council (NNC)* through joint-working, grant funding and sharing skills to help:
- Restore historic buildings and put them back into use
- Improve conservation areas to kick-start regeneration
- Recognise ‘unsung’ places for their unique character and heritage
*previously Kettering Borough Council
Grants now open!
- Shopfront and frontage improvements.
- Does your shop need some TLC?
- Building repairs.
- Does your building need some repair?
- Conversion and reuse of heritage buildings.
- Would your building benefit from a new use?
For an initial review of your property, please contact John Udall the HSHAZ project Manager on 07563 466597 or by e-mail.
We are also working on improvements that include substantial works to the southern end of High Street between the HSBC and McDonalds onto Meadow Road.
We will soon be consulting you on two options.
Please continue with your fantastic responses to the HSHAZ survey – we have received over 350 responses. These responses were extremely valuable in ensuring we articulated and evidenced the priorities for the Kettering Historic High Street Heritage Action Zone area and will now help to inform our community engagement plan, which will be developed during 2020.
The engagement doesn’t stop here! Your continued input is really important to us, we will keep the survey open as we work to build a robust and meaningful engagement plan. Please look out for more updates and more ways to share your thoughts, ideas and get involved as we progress with this exciting project.
We want to continue to involve you on the journey please let us know:
- How you feel about Kettering town centre’s historic buildings?
- What physical improvements could be made to our town centre?
- What’s your favourite historic building?
- How can we make the town centre look more welcoming and smart?
Please fill in this short survey to give us your views.
This is your town centre and we want you to feel proud of where you live, shop and have fun.