Privacy Notice - Event Attendance
Why we collect information about you
Kettering Borough Council collects and processes your personal data when you attend an event organised or hosted by the authority. This is used to:
- Reserve a place at the event(s) you wish to attend
- Provide you with information about the event(s) you have registered, that may include, updates, possible changes, cancellation or similar information
- To provide you with information such as parking, accessibility which may impact on your attendance at the event
- To fulfil and monitor our legal responsibilities and obligations, such as health and safety
- To communicate details of other events or opportunities with the council (with your consent)
How will we use the information we hold about you?
The categories of information we collect to administer and carry out events may include:
- Your full name, address and contact information eg. telephone number and email address
- Your job title and role and/or details of the organisation you work for
- Dietary requirements
- Records of communication between you and the Council
When video conferencing using applications such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams, your name, username, email address, your computer’s IP address, MAC address and device name may be collected by the companies who own these applications. Where video conferencing applications are used to record meetings, personal data captured are stored within the cloud service owned by that company. If recording is taking place, you will be notified at the beginning of, or as you enter the recording session.
What is the lawful basis for us to process your data?
When we process your personal data, we do so to:
- Carry out a contract you have entered into with the Council
- Carry out our duties and obligations which are in the Public Interest
- Keep you informed of future events which may be of interest to you with your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time if you no longer wish to be receive updates.
We will only process your special category data (eg. dietary requirements) with your consent or if it is necessary to:
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- If it is needed to protect your or another person’s vital interests (for example in an emergency)
Who we will share your information with
Only relevant employees of Kettering Borough Council have access to information held in relation to Event Attendance. This will be dependant upon the Service Area organising the event.
We may share your data with third party organisations providing services for the event.
We may share your personal information if there is a public interest to do so, or the law allows it, such as the prevention and / or detection of crime. This could include the need to disclose sensitive or confidential information such as medical details to other organisations.
The Council uses the facilities of an e-Commerce company, WorldPay, to process your credit/debit card transaction securely. All communication between you and WorldPay is encrypted and can only be interpreted by WorldPay. The Council does not have access to, or store your cards details. For details on how your information is handled via our website, please visit www.kettering.gov.uk/privacy
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary and in line with our Corporate Retention Schedule. Information will be securely destroyed when no longer needed.
Records of Event Attendance will be retained for 6 months for auditing purposes.
If you provide your consent to stay in touch with us, your consent will remain on file until you choose to withdraw it.
For further information:
For details regarding your rights under Data Protection law or how to make a complaint if you think we have mishandled your personal information, please visit: