Privacy Notice – Business Support Measures
Privacy Notice – Business Support Measures
Why we collect information about you
Kettering Borough Council will collect and hold information about you for either: the Small Business Grant Scheme; the Retail and Hospitality Grant Scheme; or any of the Coronavirus / Covid 19 Business Grant Schemes. This will include the following categories:
- Business Rates account reference
- VAT Registration Number
- Company Number, Partnership Number, National Insurance Number or any other unique reference number
- Business Name
- Title, Forename, Middle name and Surname of Applicant / Ratepayer
- Date of birth of Applicant / Ratepayer
- Business Address and Post Code
- Correspondence Address if applicable
- Contact details, such as telephone number(s) or email address(es)
- Bank Details
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We will collect information about you for:
- To enable Kettering Borough Council to assess your application, determine eligibility and pay a grant
- To report payment of grants to Central Government
What is the basis for us to process your data?
The law allows the Council to use your data for a legal, legitimate or lawful reason. We are collecting your information in support of the Spring Budget 2020 announcement on 11 March 2020, in relation to the Small Business Grant Scheme, the Retail and Hospitality Grant Scheme or any of the Coronavirus / Business Support Grant Schemes:
For this purpose we are collecting and using personal information in circumstances where:
- You have received a letter from the Council advising you that your business is entitled to a grant
- You believe your business is entitled to a grant
The legal basis for processing your data is:
- GDPR Article 6(1)(b) is necessary in the performance of a contract or the intention to enter into a contract
- Article 6(1)(c) processing is necessary for the compliance of a legal obligation to which to controller is subject
- Article 6 (1) (e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
Who we will share your information with
We will only share information with other organisations where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under Data Protection legislation, for example where sharing is necessary for us to carry out the Council Tax function or if there is a public interest to do so such as the prevention and / or detection of crime.
We will share your information with Central Government for reporting purposes.
We may share information that is given to us with other organisations that inspect or handle public funds to prevent and detect fraud including:
- Department for Works and Pensions
- HM Revenues and Customs
- National Audit Office
- Cabinet Office
- The Police
- Other Local Authorities
The council routinely publishes datasets in relation to Non Domestic Rate accounts, including reliefs, on its website. It is anticipated that details of any grants made under any of these support schemes will be published at some point in the future. This will be at a suitable time when there is no risk of any fraudulent claims being made against public funds. Any personal data which falls under the protection of data protection legislation is extracted prior to publication.
Other ways we may use your details
We may also use our customer details within the Council for
- Keeping the electoral register up to date;
- Other services areas within the Council where the law allows or requires it, or to improve the service you receive
This means we may share your information with enforcement agents and / or debt management organisations engaged by us and the courts in relation to outstanding money owed. It may also be necessary to share your information with credit reference agencies to help prevent and detect fraud and to confirm who is resident at an address.
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy statement will be kept after all action on your grant application has finished and the period required by the Council for legal or audit purposes has passed. All information will be held securely and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
For further information:
For details regarding your rights under Data Protection law or how to make a complaint if you think we have mishandled your personal information, please visit: www.kettering.gov.uk/privacy