Privacy Notice - Kettering Sports Awards
Privacy Notice - Sports Awards
Why we collect and process information about you
Kettering Borough Council holds an annual Sports Awards Ceremony to celebrate the achievements of local sports persons from across the borough. In order to do this, we need to collect personal data in the form of nominations from third parties; such as another individual, clubs, schools, coaches/trainers, parents/guardians, colleagues or friends. We are therefore potentially processing personal data in relation to both a nominator and a nominee.
To do this, we collect the following categories of information from you:
- Nominator Your name and basic contact information
- Nominee Name and basic contact information
- Reasons for nomination which may include sensitive category data (such as ethnicity, disability, health conditions) which may form part of the nomination story
- Photographs and images provided with the nomination
During the process of running the awards, we may collect further personal data such as:
- Photographs during the awards ceremony
- Details, including contact information of a parent/guardian providing consent if a nominee is under the age of 13
Further information or details in relation to the nomination
How will we use the information we hold about you?
The information provided by you as a nominator will be used to:
- Contact you in relation to your nomination
- Contact the nominee to advise them of nomination/awards ceremony
- Administration of the nomination process, including maintaining a log of nominations, transferring anonymised data to the judging panel for consideration, present awards and certificates
- Where consent has been given for photos and/or images, these will be used to the publicise the event. You can withdraw you consent at any time, for further information in relation to your data rights please visit the link below.
What is the basis for us to process your data?
We have a legitimate interest to collect sports awards nominations, promote positive stories and celebrate the efforts and achievements of people and groups across the borough.
Once the judging process is complete, we will rely on the consent of the nominees to process their personal data. If a nominee is under the age of 13 we will seek consent from a parent or guardian.
We rely on consent for the taking and use of photos and recordings. The official photographer will be made aware of those who have not provided their consent.
If you wish to withdraw your consent and no longer wish your image/s to be used, please follow the link below for further information.
Who we will share your information with
Your information will only be used for the purpose/s it was originally provided for and shared with the relevant members of staff. It will only be shared with other teams within the Council or partner agencies where necessary and the law allows or requires it, or to improve the service you receive.
- Anonymised data in relation to nominees will be shared with the judging panel
- The person or organisation who made the nomination may receive updates in relation to their submission
- The presenters of the award ceremony
- Publicity – images and details such as names, age, town and a summarised story are provided as a media release where consent has been given
- Social Media – we use Social Media to share and promote Kettering Sports Awards. Your interaction with these platforms is subject to their own Privacy terms and conditions. Kettering Borough Council is not responsible for the privacy of any information you may share on Social Media
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary and in line with our Corporate Retention Schedule.
All nomination forms are retained until the annual awards ceremony has taken place.
Details of finalists such as names and contact information will be retained for 12 months from the date nominations close.
Images and recordings are retained for as long as your consent remains in place.
All information will be held securely and will be securely destroyed when no longer needed.
For further information:
For details regarding your rights under Data Protection law or how to make a complaint if you think we have mishandled your personal information, please visit: