Privacy Notice - Wedding Bookings
Why we collect information about you
We collect your personal information to make bookings for wedding and civil partnership ceremonies.
To do this, we collect the following categories of information from you:
- Names and address/es
- Contact information – telephone number/s and/or email address/es
- Card Payment Details
- Name, address and contact information of the person paying (if not part of the wedding couple) – it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of the person paying prior to providing their information to us.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We will only ask for the minimum amount of information required and we will use the information you provide to:
- Respond to any service requests, feedback or complaints
- Allow access to our services and carry out transactions, including payment transactions
- Provide you with information regarding our services
- Administer and manage bookings for a wedding or civil partnership ceremony held at our Warren Hill Venue
We will never sell or pass on your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
What is the basis for us to process your data?
Contractural - processing is necessary in relation to a contract which you, the data subject has entered into with the Council, or because you asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract with the business
Who we will share your information with
Your information will only be used for the purpose/s it was originally provided for and shared with the relevant members of staff. It will only be shared with other teams within the Council or partner agencies where necessary and the law allows or requires it, or to improve the service you receive.
We may pass on your personal information to law enforcement bodies such as the Police, government authorities and other organisations for the prevention and detection of crime or fraud.
Where there is a legitimate interest, we may also share your data with partners or agencies such as:
- Registration Services
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary and in line with our Corporate Retention Schedule.
All information will be held securely and will be securely destroyed when no longer needed.
For further information:
For details regarding your rights under Data Protection law or how to make a complaint if you think we have mishandled your personal information, please visit: www.kettering.gov.uk/privacy