Privacy Notice - Safety and Resilience
On behalf of Kettering Borough Council, Corby Borough Council and East Northamptonshire District Council (each a “Council” and together “the Councils”
Why we collect information about you
The North Northamptonshire Safety and Resilience Partnership (NNSRP) is a shared service hosted by Kettering Borough Council and provides advice, guidance and support to the three partner councils on Corporate Health and Safety; Business Continuity; and Emergency Planning.
We collect information about you to continually monitor and enhance health and safety management for staff, contractors and members of the public. We keep health and safety records and also report certain accidents and incidents to relevant bodies.
We also collect information in relation to staff to administer and manage health and safety training.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We collect some or all of the following categories of information to comply with legislation when we report an accident:
- Name and address
- Age / Date of Birth
For employees of Kettering Borough Council, we may also collect the following information:
- Health Records
- Medical Records (if consent is given by the data subject)
- Employee Number / Payroll Number (or other form of unique identifier)
- Department / Location
- Line Management Information
- Employment start date
- Job title
- Health and Safety training records
- Health surveillance data and occupational health data
- Qualifications and skill sets
The information collected by the Safety and Resilience Team will be used to:
- Anonymised data is used to compile regular reports for Senior Management and Committees
- Investigate and review risk assessments
- Investigate and report certain accidents or incidents reportable under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
- Maintain emergency out of hours responses
- Provide services to the population of the borough(s) during an emergency response
- Provide Health and Safety training and maintain relevant records
What is the basis for us to process your data?
The Councils will process personal data for the purposes of Safety and Resilience matters under the following lawful basis:
- You (the data subject) have given consent to the processing of your personal data.You can withdraw you consent at any time by contacting the relevant Local Authority Data Protection Officer.
- The Council has official authority to carry out a task for the benefit of the public which has a clear basis in law – Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- The Council has a legal obligation to process your information, eg. reporting requirements under RIDDOR.
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests or life of an individual/s.
Who we will share your information with
The minimum amount of information may be shared where we are required to do so by law to safeguard public safety and deal with emergency situations. Your personal data may be shared with the following organisations or partners:
- Health and Safety Executive
- Trade Unions/Safety Representatives
The Council/s uses a software system called BeOnline which is provided by Awaken Learning Limited (the Data Processor) for the management of learning and development activities, to provide a platform to record and manage risk and safety legal compliance and for incident reporting and risk assessments.
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary and in line with our respective retention schedules. All information will be held securely and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
For further information:
For details regarding your rights under Data Protection law or how to make a complaint if you think we have mishandled your personal information, please visit: