What is a Tenant Passport?
The Tenant Passport Scheme supports customers who have demonstrated their ability or potential to be a good tenant, but who may not pass normal credit referencing checks in order to access social or privately rented housing.
The Tenant Passport can help you if you:
- Are currently bidding for social rented properties through Keyways. The Tenant Passport will enable you to meet the Community Contribution Criteria within the Keyways Allocations Policy.
- Are currently considering private sector housing.
- Are currently residing in supported accommodation and you need to evidence that you have the relevant skills to manage a tenancy.
- Are currently residing in private sector housing and would like to evidence positive tenancy skills in order to move to alternative accommodation.
- Are currently a Kettering Borough Council tenant that would benefit from a Tenant Passport in order to transfer to alternative accommodation.
How much does a Tenant Passport cost?
The Tenant Passport is currently free to customers living in the borough of Kettering.
What do I need to apply for a Tenant Passport?
The Tenant Passport is awarded on a points based system. Points are awarded to customers that can evidence the following:
- Current/previous landlord references
- Employment reference – if applicable
- Training/education/volunteering reference – if applicable
- A positive history in relation to rent and council tax payments – if applicable
- Agreeing to and signing the Tenants Code of Conduct
- Able to provide evidence of personal identification
Please complete a Tenant Passport application which will ask you to give us information relating to your references. We will then contact your referees for further information in relation to your application. If your application is successful you will be invited to provide evidence of personal identification.
How can I apply for a Tenant Passport?
Download a leaflet
Download an application form
Phone: 01536 410333 and speak to the Customer Service Team