Please note all health walks are currently postponed until further notice.
Kettering Borough Council organise free health walks led by volunteers lasting 30-90 minutes. We offer a mix of regular, shorter walks as well as longer less frequent walks around the borough. Walks are open to all abilities and we love having new walkers join us!
For more details see the Kettering Health Walks latest programme or see below
Current Health Walks programme:
Monday - 11am - Kettering Mind
This walk and talk takes you through the peaceful cemetery and through the town.
Tuesday 10am Burton Latimer Library
This walk utilises accessible routes around the village including some countryside paths to enjoy nature. This walk splits into a shorter and a longer walk.
Wednesday 10am Holiday Inn Car Park
This walk includes some countryside paths to enjoy nature.
Wednesday - 2pm - Burton Latimer Library
This walk utilises accessible routes around the village including some countryside paths to enjoy nature.
Thursday - 11 am - The Green Patch
This walk takes you along the river Ise around the surrounding estate.
Friday - 11 am - Desborough surgery
This wellness walk mainly includes flat side roads and takes you past the local bowls club
• 9th April The Stag Maidwell *
• 23rd April Cransley, Park Near The Three Cranes
• 7th May The Red Lion, Cranford
• 21st May The Lamb Little Harrowden
• 4th June The Overstone Arms, Pytchley
• 18th June Nr The Church. Geddington
• 2nd July The Rose And Crown, Islip *
• 16th July The Piper, Windmill Ave. Kettering
• 30th July The Red Lion, Broughton
• 13th August The Briars, Brambleside , Kettering
• 27th August The Dukes Arms, Woodford *
• 10th September The Tollemache Arms, Harrington
• 24th September The Old Friar, Twywell
• 8th October Barton Seagrave (Park Near The Village Green)
*These walks are outside of the borough of Kettering.
Interesting fact - The daily recommendation to help towards a healthier lifestyle is to take, 10,000 steps a day.
If you would like to find out any more information or to volunteer to lead a walk simply email to attend a FREE one-day training course to lead groups of walkers.