Which planning policies apply?
Development Plan Policies include:
- North Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy - Part 1 Local Plan (adopted 14 July 2016)
- Kettering Town Centre Area Action Plan (adopted July 2011)
- 1995 Local Plan Saved Polices, Maps and Guidance (adopted 30 January 1995)
- Rothwell and Desborough Area Action Plan (emerging)
- Site Specific Part 2 Local Plan (emerging)
- Minerals and Waste Local Plan (adopted October 2014)
Neighbourhood Plans when made will also form part of the Development Plan.
The timetable for preparing documents is set out in the Local Development Scheme (LDS). The LDS for Kettering Borough is prepared jointly with the North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit, Wellingborough Council, East Northamptonshire Council and Corby Council.
Statement of Community Involvement
Community involvement is an important part of the process of preparing the Local Development Framework (LDF). The aim of the Statement of Community Involvement is to help ensure community ownership of the Local Development Framework and strengthen community involvement in planning over time. It also aims to improve overall representation and involvement across all sections of the community.
The SCI was adopted on 26th February 2014