Local Land Charges
The CON 29 Enquiries Form (further details below) consists of a series of standard questions. Information obtained from the search could provide answers to many of your questions including:
- Are there any planning conditions which will affect my proposed use of the property?
- Is the house in a Conservation Area?
- Who maintains the roadway and footpath outside my front door?
- Are the trees in the back garden protected by a Tree Preservation Order?
- Is the property a Listed Building?
- Are there any financial charges/debts for which I will become liable?
- Are there any proposals to construct a new road or railway nearby?
- Will the Council be introducing traffic calming, road restrictions or even residents' parking?
- Is any extension built over a sewer and does it have building regulation consent?
- Is there a public footpath abutting or crossing the property/land?
As well as providing answers to many of the questions above this form lists a number of optional enquiries for which an additional fee is payable. These optional enquiries could answer the following:-
- Is there a pipeline within 100feet?
- Is the property affected by any hazardous substances?
- Is it in an area of outstanding natural beauty/in a noise abatement zone/in an urban development area?
Where information is not currently available for viewing a request can be made in writing for access under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use our One Stop Shop to apply for CON29 data:
The service is provided by the Local Land Charges team for which there is a charge.