Book an inspection
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER UPDATE – COVID19
BUILDING REGULATIONS - TEMPORARY ARRANGEMENTS FOR INSPECTIONS NOTIFICATIONS
As a result of the Government’s announcement of measures to delay/minimise the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, it has been necessary to review our current inspection arrangements for works under construction.
Below is a list of inspection stages that you should notify us of during construction. Please ensure that you notify us at commencement and when all other inspection stages have been reached:
- Commencement - Notification is required 2 working days before commencement of the works.
- Foundations excavated - This is required before the concrete is poured, or trial holes to determine the suitability of the existing foundations.
- Damp-proof course and ground floor oversite/basic radon precautions - This is required when the ground floor oversite is prepared before concreting.
- Structural timbers, roof and floors, steel, concrete or timber beams – They are required to be inspected before they are covered up. Any structural calculations should be forwarded to Building Control for approval prior to construction on site.
- Drains for foul and surface water connections/disposal - This is required before backfilling.
- Wall, floor and roof space thermal insulation.
- Work completed - This inspection is carried out once all the work is completed.
Please notify us of each inspection stage by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact phone number in the email so that we can make contact with you about the visit.
You will be asked whether anyone at the site has been advised to self-isolate or has recently returned from overseas travel to an affected area. We will decide on a case by case basis whether a site inspection is essential, and we will contact you if we are unable to attend. Please see our website for more details about the service changes the Council has made regarding COVID-19. www.kettering.gov.uk
These temporary arrangements will remain in place until such time that the Government advises us that normal business arrangements can resume.
Contact us before 10:00 and we’ll book you a same day site inspection (Monday to Friday) if you need it.
Choose which way you want to book an inspection:
- call us directly on 01536 534250 (if you are unable to speak to someone, please leave a message)
- book online
- email email@example.com
- download the LABC site inspection app
What to tell us
- site address
- phone number
- date of visit
- works to be inspected (eg commencement, excavations, footings, damp proof course/membrane, oversite, drainage, completion, miscellaneous)