What are Building Regulations?
Building work you've started or finished without approval
If you’ve started work which needs building regulations without getting approval, you must apply for “regularisation”. We’ll check whether it meets building regulations standards and can give approval.
You might have to correct the work if building regulations are not met. If we’re satisfied that the work meets building regulations, we’ll issue a “regularisation certificate”. You can only get retrospective approval for any work completed after11th November 1985.
If you don’t tell us about work that has started, or has been completed, without building regulation approval, you won’t have the certificates you need when you come to sell.
What you need to submit
- Application details -
- Your name, address, phone, email
- Agent name, address, phone, email (ir applicable)
- Site address and postcode
- Description of works carried out
- Previous and present use of building
- If the building will be subject to the provisions of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Whether you intend to use a registered Part P electrical installer
- Block plan (this is not always required, please ask)
- Payment (please contat us on 01536 534250 for a fee quotation)
You may also need planning permission - do not start work until you’ve got this.