- Location of East Kettering Sustainable Urban Extension
- View the latest East Kettering Newsletter
- FAQs on the road/access construction plans to take place in 2019 are available, including this document which includes details and maps of the planned works for:
- Cranford Road Closure (starting on 17th April)
- Access E (Barton Road / Warkton Lane)
- Access F (Barton Road / A14 Junction 10)
- Junction g (Cranford Road / Barton Road
- In June 2019, Northamptonshire Highways issued this fact sheet with details of works on Cranford Road / Barton Road junction set to start on 24th July.
The East Kettering Sustainable Urban Extension (also called Hanwood Park) is a mixed use development containing up to 5,500 dwellings, a secondary school, up to 4 primary schools, open space (covering park(s) and play areas), employment areas, local centre facilities (eg shops and health care) and associated infrastructure.
The East Kettering SUE was granted outline planning permission on 1st April 2010.This means that we have a broad indication of the form that the development will take, as shown on the approved Strategic Master Plan and that the full and precise details of the access to the SUE (pedestrian and vehicular), its internal layout, the location and appearance of buildings and the details of the landscaping (known as Reserved Matters) are subject to subsequent applications.
There have been subsequent variations of conditions from the original outline and reserved matters approval has been granted for some of the housing parcels and the first primary school.
Updates regarding the development can be found within the latest Newsletters produced by the Council, Planning Committee meetings or at the East Kettering Liaison Forum.