Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Make a Food Complaint

How to make a complaint about a food business or about food that you have bought.

Most food businesses comply with most of the food hygiene legal requirements but occasionally they get it wrong. Customers might see something that they think is wrong and sometimes the problem leads to the contamination of food.

If you visit a food business and you see something that you think is a breach of food hygiene requirements then you can contact the Health Protection Team. Similarly, if you have bought food that you think is unsafe or it contains something that shouldn’t be there (a ‘foreign body’) then you can contact the Health Protection Team.

You can contact us directly by phone at 01536 410333 or by email at healthprotection@kettering.gov.uk.

You can also do so via the Food Standards Agency website.