Private Sector Leasing Scheme
Through the Private Sector Leasing Scheme, Kettering Borough Council is able to lease local properties from property owners for an agreed fixed term. These properties will be used by the council to provide temporary accommodation for families in immediate housing need.
Property owners can benefit from this scheme by getting a regular income from their property, whilst helping members of their local community through the provision of good quality accommodation.
We take responsibility for the management of the property and the tenants, ensuring that the property remains in good condition and the tenants are referred to any support services that they may require.
- Guaranteed rental income, even when the property is empty
- Rent paid quarterly in advance
- No fees, including joining and management fees
- No void Council Tax charges
- Free housing management service (excluding repairs)
- Tenant management service
- Potential funding of up to £5000 to improve your property (see here)
- A dedicated team within Kettering Borough Council
- No requirement to provide furniture or white goods
- Flexible lease terms
- Guaranteed vacant possession at the end of the lease term
What we need from you:
We are actively searching for 2, 3 & 4 bed properties within the Kettering area. However, our property needs may vary over time, and therefore we will consider enquiries regarding all property types. Properties must be vacant, self-contained and unfurnished, and they must comply with Kettering Borough Council's Private Sector Leasing Property Standards policy. Our officers will inspect each property prior to making an offer, and will be able to offer funding to property owners whose property fails to meet our standards.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please contact us:
Telephone: 01536 410 333
Address: Kettering Borough Council
Bowling Green Road