Disabled Facilities Grants
Disabled Facilities - Repairs to existing facilities
If you currently have equipment that was installed through a council or housing association grant then you may have cover for servicing and maintenance of this equipment. This is for Major Adaptations equipment, such as a lift, hoist or bathroom adaptation.
It is important that you keep a record of any cover provided including:
* Date of equipment installation
* Company name and contact telephone number for servicing and repairs
* Expiry date for cover
* Name and contact telephone number for agency that has paid the grant, to discuss any funding arrangements if required
If you do not have this information, then you need to find out which agency paid for the grant and ask them to remind you of the details. The following guidance should assist you:
1. Was the equipment installed before April 2006?
If yes, then contact the Adult Care Team, Northamptonshire County Council continues to fund the servicing and maintenance of this equipment.
2. Was the equipment installed on or after April 2006, and do you live in privately owned property?
If yes, then contact your local borough or district council and ask for the "Disability Facilities Grant" Officer.
3. Was the equipment installed on or after April 2006, and do you live in council-owned or other social housing?
If yes, then contact your Housing Officer within your local borough/district council or Housing Association accordingly. They can provide assistance with your equipment needs if you are entitled.
If you are still finding it difficult to obtain details of your servicing and repair cover then please contact Occupational Therapy to see if they have a record of which local authority funds your equipment.
For further information visit the Northamptonshire County Council website.