Find a Home through Keyways
How to join the Keyways Housing Register
To apply to join the Keyways Housing Register you must be 18 years of age or over.
Once you have completed an application online you need to provide us with some documents to verify your circumstances before you are able to bid:
- Signed declaration form. (Download and print at the end of your online application, or can be picked up from any of our Customer Service Centres.)
- Photo ID for the main and joint applicant (passport, driving licence, birth certificate with a passport sized photo).
- Foreign Nationals need to provide evidence of their right to reside in the UK (passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office, proof of employment.)
- ID for all other household members
- Proof of household income (wage slips, contract of employments, bank statements, benefit award letter)
- Proof of savings/assets/equity (current bank statement, mortgage statement)
- Full 5 year address history including details of tenancies and moving dates, plus landlord contact details for any tenancy you have held
- Relevant evidence regarding your circumstances (notice to quit, medical conditions, pregnancy, etc)
All documents will need to be originals, valid and up to date.
What happens once you have registered?
When you are accepted on to the housing register we will write to tell you:
- Your personal reference number
- The priority awarded to your application (the band)
- The date your application has been accepted in the band (effective date)
Any changes? Tell us online so that we can reassess your application and if necessary make changes to your band and effective date.