If you need to move home
Kettering Borough Council's HomeMove scheme can help you to downsize to a smaller home. Through the scheme you can access financial help to move as well as practical support.
Our HomeMove Advisor provides one-to-one support to our tenants throughout the moving process. The grant and support you receive could used to help with:
- carpets for your new home
- arranging your removals
- providing a packing service
- disconnecting and reconnecting household appliances
- Arranging clearance of your old home
- re-directing your mail
- hiring a skip
You may also be able to utilise your HomeMove grant to cover any outstanding rent arrears or rechargeable repairs. We will be be as flexible as possible to help you move to a smaller home.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for HomeMove you must be living in family accommodation and be downsizing by at least one bedroom into non-family accommodation.
How much could your HomeMove grant be?
The amount of HomeMove grant you will receive depends on whether you are a tenant of pensionable or working age:
- If you are of pensionable age who is under-occupying family accommodation and you are looking to downsize to non-family accommodation, you will receive a grant of £750.
- If you are of working age and you are under-occupying your current home by 1 bedroom you are eligible for a grant of £250 and if you have 2 or more spare bedrooms you will receive £500.
For further information about HomeMove and to find out whether you are eligible for the scheme either email the HomeMove Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01536 535643.