Visiting the Sir Alfred East Art Gallery
Kettering Art Gallery
Kettering has its own centrally-located art gallery, housing a rich collection of paintings, ranging from 19th-century works to 21st century works, by contemporary artists.
Entry to the Gallery is free.
The Alfred East Art Gallery has finally reopened to the public, with temporarily reduced opening times.
To keep all our lovely visitors and staff as safe as possible, there will be some new safety measures in place:
- The capacity of the gallery has been reduced and we will only be allowing 10 people inside at once
- To begin with, there will be one exhibition at a time
- Visitors will be required to wear a face covering
- There will be plenty of hand sanitiser around the gallery, along with floor markings to remind everyone of social distancing, and a new screen around the desk
- We will be asking all visitors to leave contact details as part of the NHS Test & Trace system.
- Extra staff will be on hand to make your visit as safe as possible.
Everything will be reviewed over time, alongside any new government guidelines, until we slowly get back to normal.
Current Opening Times
|Tuesday - Saturday||11.00am - 3:30pm|
Please note the Manor House Museum will remain closed to the public for the time being and all events hosted by the council are cancelled until further notice.
Find further information about parking in Kettering
The nearest railway station is Kettering which is a 0.5 miles (10 minute walk away from the museum and gallery. Accessible taxis are available at the station.
The nearest bus stop is located on Dalkeith Place which is a 10 minute walk from the museum and gallery.
Access to our collections
The displays at the Manor House Museum and the Alfred East Art Gallery contain a wide range of objects and artworks from our collections. We change the display of artworks from our permanent collection a minimum of four times a year.
As with all museums and galleries, most of our collections are held in secure storage, as we do not have the space to display as much as we would like to. However, the Alfred East Art Gallery's collection is available to view by appointment.
Please contact us to make an appointment.