OTAGO - Get Up & Go!
Get Up & Go! exercise sessions are intended specifically for older adults 65+, with a series of exercises designed to:
- Reduce the risk of falls
- Improve balance and muscle strength
- Improve range of movement
- Improve posture
- Increase confidence performing everyday tasks around the home
- Improve general fitness and health
- Provide opportunity for socialisation and activity with similar people
Each session has warm-up, strength, balance and cool-down components which can be tailored to the ability of each individual participant.
The exercises can be performed at home or in attendance at one of our local groups, delivered by a qualified OTAGO instructor.
Local group sessions currently taking place are as detailed below and are £2 a session or download the FREE Home Exercise Programme here.
Please note parking may be limited at venues.
- Kettering at The Lawns, 10:30am - 11:30am from Thursday 26th April - Thursday 12th July (Please note if the session above can be booked at paid for in advance at a cost of £20 for 12 sessions)
- Geddington at Castle Gardens, 10:30am -11:30am on Monday 23rd April, Monday 30th April, Monday 14th May and Monday 21st May
- Rothwell at Madams Gardens, 10:30am - 11:30am on Monday 4th June, Monday 11th June, Monday 18th June and Monday 25th June
- Broughton at St Andrews Court, 10:30am - 11:30am on Monday 2nd July, Monday 9th July and Monday 16th July
For more information or to book contact the Community Services team on 01536 410333 or email email@example.com