More Information on the Crematorium
Family Arranged Funeral Services
More and more families are choosing to organise part or all of the funeral service for a number of reasons including; wanting greater control over the service or financial reasons.
There is no requirement for a family to emply a funeral director to arrange a funeral service. However, careful consideration needs to be taken before a family makes the decision to arrange the funeral as a number of the necessary stages may be stressful or upsetting to some people.
When deciding to arrange a funeral yourself the key stages that will need to be arranged by yourself are:
- Arrange suitable cold storage for the body of the deceased (usually with the hospital) until the day of the funeral service.
- Decide on cremation or burial and arrange with Bereavement Services a suitable date and time for the service.
- Arrange for a Service Leader (Celebrant, religious or family member) to conduct the actual service (if wanted).
- Organise music arrangements with Crematorium Music Ltd (cremation services or burials using a chapel for the service only).
- Arrange to inform family and friends of the service time.
- Register the death with Northamptonshire Registrars.
- Complete necessary legislative paperwork. Arrange and pay for doctor examination paperwork (Cremation only).
- Arrange suitable transport for the deceased to the crematorium or cemetery on the day.
- Arrange for a temporary grave marker (burial only).
If you are confident that a family led service is the right choice then a detailed document outlining each stage can be by contacting Bereavement Services at Warren Hill Crematorium, between 08:00 am - 16:00 pm Monday to Friday, or using the link below:-
Up Dated 10.02.2021