Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing

Reporting Accidents (HC & PH Drivers)

All road traffic offences and dangerous driving should be reported to the Police.

The law provides that the proprietor of a hackney carriage or the licensee of a private hire vehicle licensed by the Council shall report to the Head of Environmental Health, as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within seventy-two hours of the occurrence any accident to such hackney carriage or private hire vehicle, causing damage materially affecting the safety, performance or appearance of the vehicle or the comfort or convenience of persons carried therein.

The vehicle must be inspected by an authorised officer before it may be used again.

Request an Accident Report Form