Cookie Consent by Caravan Site Licensing | North Northamptonshire Council - Kettering Area

Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Caravan Site Licensing

The Council's Environmental Protection Team is responsible for the licensing of caravan sites under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 and the Mobile Home Act 2013.

A caravan site includes anywhere a caravan (including mobile or 'park' home) is situated and occupied for human habitation including touring sites and single sites but there are some exemptions.

The Mobile Home Act 2013 now also requires greater protection for the occupiers of residential mobile homes on "relevant protected sites" or residential sites.  This includes changes to the sale/gifting of mobile homes and the way in which site rules are agreed with residents.

For more information contact the Licensing Unit