Composting is an inexpensive, natural process that transforms your kitchen and garden waste into a valuable and nutrient rich food for your garden. It's easy to make and use.
Kettering Borough Council has teamed up with Get Composting to provide reduced priced environmental products such as home compost bins, water butts and more.
What can be composted?
- Dry items such as leaves, dead plants, cardboard and paper
- Wet items such as tea bags, vegetable peelings, grass and fruit
- For the best compost, try to get an equal mixture of wet and dry items
What to avoid composting
- Cooked food, plate scrapings, meat and dairy products
- Glass, metal and glossy paper
- Diseased plants and animal litter