Composting is an inexpensive, natural process that transforms your kitchen and garden waste into a valuable and nutrient-rich food for your garden. It's easy to make and use.
The Northamptonshire Waste Partnership and Kettering Borough Council have teamed up with Get Composting who can provide a range of home composting products. Get Composting have seasonal offers on certain products however we would recommend 'shopping around' to find the best product for your needs.
The Royal Horticultural Society offers a wealth of hints and tips on how to get the very best out of compost.
What can be composted?
- Dry items such as leaves, dead plants, cardboard and paper
- Wet items such as tea bags, vegetable peelings, grass and fruit
- For the best compost, try to get an equal mixture of wet and dry items
What to avoid composting
- Cooked food, plate scrapings, meat and dairy products
- Glass, metal and glossy paper
- Diseased plants and animal litter