Residents Parking Scheme
Visitor Scratch Cards
Visitor scratch cards enable visitors to a residents property i.e. family, friends and tradesmen to park their within a specific residents parking zone. Disabled Blue Badge holders must also display a scratch card.
Only the resident or Landlord may apply for the scratch cards.
Visitor scratch cards are valid until midnight on the day it is validated for, not 24 hours.
YOU MUST NOT PARK IN THE PERMIT ZONE UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR SCRATCH CARDS AND IT IS CLEARLY DISPLAYED IN THE VEHICLE AS DESCRIBED – paid for scratch cards do NOT become valid until displayed in the vehicle.
- You do not have to be a permit holder to apply
- You must live in one of the zones
How to apply:
- Complete an application form
- In person by visiting our Customer Services advisors
- By post to Parking and Permits, Kettering Borough Council, Municipal Offices, Bowling Green Road, Kettering NN15 7QX (you must download and complete the application form)
You must provide the following original documentation:
- Proof of residency such as a utility bill, current tenancy agreement, bank statement, which must not be older than 3 months.
- £6 per book of 24 scratch cards. There is no limit on the number of scratch cards that may be purchased. Please note we do not accept cash payments.
Visitor Scratch Cards will not be issued if:
- Incomplete documents are received.
- Incorrect documents are received.
- Full payment is not received.
- Visitor scratch cards will be posted to the permit address via Royal Mail 2nd class post or can be collected from the Council Offices main reception desk (Bowling Green Road) by arrangement only if requested at the time of purchase.
Conditions of use:
- A Visitor Scratch card is only valid for parking in accordance with The Northamptonshire Council (Kettering District) (Waiting and Loading Restrictions and On Street Parking Places) Order 2010.
- Visitors Scratch cards are not valid on vehicles exceeding 5.30 metres in length and 2.25 metres in height.
- Disabled Blue Badge Holders are required to display visitors scratch cards. Blue Badges are not valid in the zones
- On arrival in the parking place, ensure that your Visitor Scratch card is valid for the parking place you intend to use. This will be indicated by the Zone on both the card and on the adjacent signs.
- Scratch off the day, date, month and place the card in the front nearside (i.e. passenger’s) side of the vehicle so that it may be clearly seen from outside.
- The Visitor Scratch card does not guarantee a space in the Residents’ Zone to which it applies and vehicles must only park within the confines of designated bays and not on yellow lines nor block/interfere with any access.
- Contravention of these regulations will invalidate the card and the vehicle will be subject to the issue of an Excess Charge Notice.
- Misuse of any Visitor Scratch cards (e.g. by a commuter) will result in withdrawal of the facility.
- Visitors Scratch cards are issued subject to the current Parking Regulations in force by Kettering Borough Council.