Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Report an open or derelict property

The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 empowers Local Authorities to deal with privately owned vacant buildings which are not secured against unauthorised entry or that are likely to become a danger to public health.

The Public Services section has responsibility for ensuring that reported derelict and insecure buildings are secure and no public health threat is posed to people in the vicinity.

Report an open or derelict property

Where premises have been secured by us, the costs of the works will be recharged to the owner of the premises, or registered as a formal land charge on the premises.

Premises owners can pay invoices using the Council's Online Payment Facilities, by visiting the Customer Service Centre (cash is not accepted) or by sending a cheque (made payable to Kettering Borough Council) to:

Kettering Borough Council
Public Services
Municipal Offices
Bowling Green Road
NN15 7QX

Write your name, address and invoice reference number on the back of the cheque.

Please note that you will not be sent a receipt.