Household Enquiry Form

Confirm your voting details!

You have to fill in the Household Enquiry Form by law

Each year every household in the UK is sent a Household Enquiry Form to check the right people are registered to vote.

It may look like a council circular or piece of junk mail, but DON'T ignore it. By law, you have to respond – even if it shows the correct information. If you continue to ignore it and all the reminders you could be fined up to £1,000. This short guide explains how to spot it, when and why you'll get one – and what to do if you don't get one.

Forms are being sent now – respond in time or risk a £1,000 fine. This is the key time to ensure you respond before the deadline, which for residents in the Kettering Borough is 23rd November 2018

What is a Household Enquiry Form?

It's a form sent to every household in the UK to check whether voter registration records are correct.  It's posted out between July and November each year (the exact date varies).  The form lists the current eligible voters in your household and asks you to check and update the details.

You must respond by the deadline

You must return your completed form to the Council by 23rd November 2018 or risk a £1,000 fine.

You don't always need to fill the form in;  the quickest way to respond is online at

If everything is correct you only need to confirm the details (which you can by phone or sms text.  If, however, you need to make any changes, it's likely you'll have to send the form back.

If you've missed the deadline, please contact Kettering Borough Council ASAP.

What if I don't have a form?

Confusingly, although the Household Enquiry Form is sent to everyone in the UK, it's sent at different times in different parts of the country.

You may also be sent a second form and then a reminder, and in some cases canvassers are sent to visit households that haven't replied.

If it's getting close to the end-of-November deadline, please contact Kettering Borough Council to explain you haven't received a form.

What if I've thrown it away?

If you've thrown your form away by accident, or you're worried it's gone astray, you simply need to contact Kettering Borough Council.  

To find out if you are already registered

The Electoral Registration Officer does not publish the Register of Electors online.  Please contact the Electoral Registration Office on 01536 410333 or email to enquire if you are included.