Apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Universal Credit

New benefit claimants of working age will likely have to claim their Housing Benefit via Universal Credit.  Over the coming years existing working age claimants will be switched to Universal Credit. 

If you're mixed-age couple (one working age and one pensioner), you will need to claim Universal Credit.  If you're a single pensioner, or two pensioners in a couple, you are not impacted by Universal Credit at this stage and can claim Housing Benefit via the Council.

Apply for Universal Credit

Housing Benefit via the Council

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support is awarded from the Monday after we receive your claim form.  Don't delay making your claim because you can't get the evidence we need.  Make your claim and provide the evidence later, as long as it's within 30 days.

Request an application form