Discounts and Exemptions
To qualify for a discount the carer must:
- Be resident in the same dwelling as the person receiving care
- Provide care for an average of 35 hours per week
- Provide care for a person who is entitled to one of the following benefits
- any rate of attendance allowance
- the highest or middle rate care component of a disability living allowance (if you were born on or before 8 April 1948 and have an existing claim)
- disablement pension increment due to constant attendance need
- constant attendance allowance increment
- personal independence payment (PIP)
Please note that the carer does not qualify for a discount if the person that they are caring for is their spouse, partner, or their child under 18.
Please see previous page to find out how the number of adults in a property may effect your entitlement to discount.
If you are unsure what information you need to provide, or you have any further queries, please contact our Council Tax team