Connect Online

Our Connect Online system is down for essential maintenance - this means if you need to report a Council Tax move, set up a Direct Debit or access your Council Tax account please contact us.

Council Tax Recovery

Getting Help with Council Tax

Set Up An Arrangement

If you are struggling to pay your council tax bill, contact us straight away. Don't let the problem get worse.

• E-mail: 
• Ring 01536 534235 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday

In some instances, we can set up a reasonable arrangement to get you back on track and potentially stop further recovery action.  This may mean you need to make a payment upfront but we will look at your individual circumstances.

Reduce your Bill

Are you on a very low income?  It may be worth checking our Benefits Calculator to see if you can claim Council Tax Support to reduce your bill.

Make sure that you're receiving any discounts or exemptions that you may be entitled to.

Get Help with your Debts

If you are experiencing high levels of debt in other areas including your Council Tax, rent, utilities and other creditors, our Budget Support team may be able to help you.  They offer a variety of services including budgeting, arrangements, grants and debt consolidation.  

Other organisations that could help include:

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) - The Council works closely with the CAB and makes every effort to signpost customers who may require their assistance. CAB is available for free, independent advice on financial matters.  Customers can visit the CAB at Kettering Council offices on weekdays between 9.00am and 2.00pm and make an appointment by calling them directly.
Phone: 01536 482281

Debtline - this is a free helpline for people with debt problems.
Phone: 0800 808 4000

Advice UK - you can contact independent advice agencies through Advice UK at:
Phone: 020 7407 4070

StepChange - they give a free, confidential service to help you work out realistic solutions to your debt problems, avoid becoming bankrupt and learn how to manage your money.
Phone: 0800 138 1111