Benefits - Test and Trace Support Payments
Eligible individuals can make a claim up to 42 days after the first day of an individual’s period of self-isolation. Applications made after 42 days cannot be accepted.
If you meet the following eligibility criteria, you may be entitled to the Test and Trace Support payment of £500:
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app, because you have tested positive for COVID-19 or you are not fully vaccinated and been in contact with someone who has tested positive
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result of self-isolating
- You are currently receiving, or you are the partner in the same household as someone who is receiving at least one of the following benefits
Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-related Employment and Support Allowance, income-related Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
You may be eligible for a £500 discretionary payment if you are not in receipt of an eligible benefit, but meet the other relevant criteria outlined above and:
- You have less than £3,000 in capital or savings;
- You will suffer financial hardship as a result of the self-isolation (an income and expenditure form must be completed);
- You are not in full time education.
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.