Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Benefits - Apply for Council Tax Support

Before you get started, please bear in mind that this form is for Council Tax Support only.  We recommend you are registered and logged into our site so you don't lose the progress you've made if you step away, as each page of this form will automatically time out after approximately 20 minutes.

The following evidence must be photographed/scanned and sent to us by e-mail at benefitevidence@kettering.gov.uk, stating your name and address on the subject line:

  1. Proof of your / your partner's identity.  Acceptable proof could be a passport, Home Office form, birth certificate (only British or Irish), a marriage certificate, medical card, British driving licence, utility bill (must be current) or ID cards issued by an EC/EEA state.
  2. Proof of residency at your current address.  Acceptable proof could be a utility bill or bank statement dated within the last 3 months to your current address
  3. Proof of income for the household (you, partner and non-dependents), as well as your capital if it's over £6,000
  4. If you have declared other people resident in your property over the age of 16 and nobody receives Child Benefit for them, proof of your non-dependant’s income is required. If they are in paid employment please provide either five weekly, two monthly or three fortnightly payslips, their employment contract, or an email from their employer confirming the details of their employment contract. If they are receiving state benefit, please provide their award letter.

We can verify any State Benefits that you are already receiving directly with the DWP.  If you have recently made a claim for a State Benefit, we will wait until the DWP have processed this before completing your Council Tax Support assessment.