Bin Collections

All garden waste (grey and green bins) collections are suspended until further notice.   Black and blue bin collections are operating a limited service. If our crew are unable to empty your bin today please leave them out and we will return as soon as we can.  Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping our residents and crews safe.  More Information

Council Tax - Exemption Request

You can apply for the following exemptions using this form:

Class D - Dwellings left empty by persons in detention - Who used to occupy the property as their sole and main residence.
Class E - Dwellings left empty by Patients in Hospital and Care Homes - Previously the sole or main residence of a person who now has their sole or main residence in a hospital or care home.
Class F - Dwellings left empty following the death of the resident - Where grant of probate or letters of administration have not been made, or less than six months have elapsed since the grant. May not apply where a personal representative is jointly liable.
Class G - Dwellings where occupation is prohibited by law or an Act of Parliament .
Class H - Empty dwellings held for the occupation by a Minister of Religion from which to perform his duties
Class I - Dwellings left empty by people receiving care - Which was previously the sole or main residence of a person who is now in another place other than a hospital or care home for the purpose of receiving personal care.
Class J - Dwelling left empty by people providing care - Which were previously the sole or main residence of the person who is now providing personal care for a person who requires such care.
Class K - Dwellings left empty by students Which were last occupied by one or more persons who now qualify as a student.
Class L - Dwellings which are unoccupied and in possession of the mortgagee
Class M - Halls of Residence
Class O - Dwellings owned by the Ministry of Defence for armed forces accommodation
Class P - Dwellings occupied by Members of Visiting Forces
Class Q - Dwellings left empty by a bankrupt person
Class R - Empty Caravan Pitch or Boat Mooring
Class S - Dwellings occupied only by under 18's
Class T - Unoccupied annexes unable to be let separately
Class W - Annexe or a similar contained property occupied by a dependent relative of the resident(s) living in the main dwelling

Other Discounts and Exemptions

Remember to notify Kettering Borough Council immediately of any changes to your circumstances.