Discretionary Housing Payment

This form has a maximum of 15 pages

Discretionary Housing Payments are not payments of Housing Benefit. They are stand-alone payments and they will therefore be made in addition to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit.


In order to apply for Discretionary Housing Payments you must:

- be in receipt of Housing Benefit (via the Council or Universal Credit), Council Tax Support, or both; and

- require further assistance in order to meet your housing costs.


Please note, if you claim your housing costs via Universal Credit please make sure you e-mail a copy of your latest proof of rent along with evidence of your full Universal Credit award breakdown to CreditUnion@kettering.gov.uk.