Tree and Landscaping Officer
- £26,999 - £28,785 p.a. (SCP 23-25) Market Supplement of £3,000
- Kettering Borough Council
- Closing Date
- 14th July 2020
- Contract Type
- Full time, 37 hours per week
- Period of Contract
- Driving License
- Job Information
It is an exciting time in Street Scene Services in North Northamptonshire, as Corby Borough Council and Kettering Borough Council work in partnership to deliver trees and grounds maintenance services. The initial focus of this role will be the Borough of Corby, working closely with colleagues in the Kettering team.
Corby is a small place with big ambitions. In aiming to double the population by 2030, we are determined to revitalise the Borough through regeneration and growth with a complementary increase in jobs and skills, to enable Corby to fulfil its full potential as a dynamic, fast growing and increasingly prosperous Borough.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Grounds Maintenance team, as we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated specialist to provide tree related expertise, ideally with membership of the AA (Arboricultural Association).
With a minimum of Level 4-5 NQF/QCF in Arboriculture and Level 2 RHS Horticultural Certificate and qualified or working towards LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection qualification, you will;
- Manage the Council’s tree stock in tree belts, parks, opens spaces and on highways (on behalf of the County Council)
- Manage a survey of the above tree stock
- Order appropriate tree works via a contractor and help expand in-house provisions to cover elements of this work in the future
- Give advice to Planning Officers on the potential impact of development on trees, and on landscaping schemes submitted in connection with planning applications.
- Give advice in relation to the Council’s TPO portfolio.
You will have an excellent knowledge of trees and related legislation including health & safety, together with excellent communication and IT skills.
This is a demanding role that will suit an individual who likes a challenge and will help to continue to develop and improve the services that are provided jointly across two local authorities.
- Additional Information
Kettering Borough Council actively encourage applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, and people who perceive themselves to be disabled. This is to address an under representation of these groups. Kettering Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Job Description / Person Specification
- Application form
Note: To apply online you will need to register for an online account. This is a very quick process and will allow you to save you application progress and return to it.
- Alternatively, application forms are available from Human Resources, Tel: (01536) 534341