Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Householder Guidance

Record details

Application Form
Guidance for household developments, such as:

- Extensions
- Conservatories
- Porches
- Dormer windows
- Alterations (new windows/doors, cladding, solar panels, microwave aerials, wind turbines)
- Ancillary building (garages, summerhouses, sheds, workshops)
- Fences or walls
- Swimming pools
- Accesses to the highway eg new or altered access

The householder application form should NOT be used for proposals which would change the use or sub-divide the dwelling, for example:

- New house in the garden
- Use of part or whole of property for business use
- Conversion to 2 or more dwellings
- Anything outside the garden of the property (including stables if in a separate paddock)