Terms and Disclaimer
By using www.kettering.gov.uk you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.kettering.gov.uk. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use www.kettering.gov.uk.
- The Council may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the Council. Your continued use of www.kettering.gov.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- If any of the following terms and conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
DisclaimerWhile every care has been taken in the compilation of this information, Kettering Borough Council will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of inaccuracy or error within these pages.
Kettering Borough Council does not endorse any external linked sites and is not responsible for their content.
On 1 July 2005 a new European Directive came into force which allows people to apply to re-use information held by the Council.
'Re-use' means using the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the document was originally produced. This could include a commercial purpose. The new directive does not provide access to the information itself. That is available through the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or other access to information regimes such as the Environmental Information Regulations.
a. Reproduction of the Material
Kettering Borough Council ('the Council') grants permission to re-use the Material available through our website with a statement that it may be re-used ('the Material') on the following terms and conditions:
You must reproduce the Material accurately. In cases where you want to reproduce Material that has been superseded you should make it clear that a more up to date version is available;
You must identify the source of the Material and feature the following copyright statement if you publish the Material:
Kettering Borough Council material is reproduced with the permission of Kettering Borough Council.
You must not use the Material for the principal purpose of advertising or promoting a particular product or service, or in a way which could imply endorsement by the Council or generally in a manner which is likely to mislead others;
You must not reproduce our logos;
You must send us, if we ask for it, a complimentary copy and/or subscription of any product or publication that you produce that includes the Material. The Council shall notify you of the address to which it should be sent;
You must ensure that you comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998;
You must not use the Material in ways which are knowingly or potentially libelous or slanderous of individuals, companies or organisations;
You must not use the Material for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for personal/private use, for example to compare current applications with previous schemes, or to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. You cannot use them, for example, to build from, or to copy from to use as part of your own planning application, unless you have the architect's permission.
Your use of the Material under this License is entirely at your own risk. The Council makes no warranty, representation or guarantee that the Material is error free.
c. Governing law
This Permission is made under the laws of England and Wales and comes under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The disclosure of any material under The Freedom of Information Act 2000 or any other information legislation does not provide an automatic right for it to be reproduced or re-used. The express permission of Kettering Borough Council or any other copyright owners is required.
We will treat any personal information by which you can be identified in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998. If you have an enquiry or concern regarding the processing of personal data by Kettering Borough Council, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Kettering Borough Council
Bowling Green Road
You can ask us for information we may hold about you by writing to the above address. We will inform you within 40 days if we store any personal information about you.
You may also write to the above address to request a copy of your information and we will provide you with a legible copy of the personal data which we keep about you and to which you are entitled. This will be sent to you within 40 days of your request- although we may require proof of your identity and information to locate your personal data.
There may be a small charge for this information.If you require any further information please call 01536 410333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online payment terms and conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payments facility. Use of the Kettering Borough Council online payments application on this website indicates your acceptance of these terms. If you do not accept these terms please do not use the online payments facility on this website.
- All payments made up to 4:30pm on a working day, will appear on your council account on the following working day. Payments made out of office hours, at the weekends or during public holidays will show on your council account the day after the first full working day after the payment day.
- Accepted payments will show on your account statements as payments to ‘Kettering Borough Council’.
- Kettering Borough Council cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to the customer quoting an incorrect account, reference or invoice number.
- If your payment is overdue, or time critical, and recovery action is about to be taken, your online payment will be accepted but you should additionally notify our Customer Services department by telephone, that the payment has been made quoting the reference that you have been given.
- Kettering Borough Council cannot accept any liability if payment is refused, or declined, by the debit / credit card supplier. Kettering Borough Council has no control over acceptance of card payments and any refusal of payment should be taken up with your card supplier.
Confirmation of Payment
- Once your payment has been authorised, the application will display a confirmation screen showing the payment details and a UNIQUE transaction reference number.
- You can print this screen as your receipt for your payment. These details will also be e-mailed to you if you have supplied the system with a valid e-mail address during the transaction.
- Please keep a note of the transaction receipt number, as you will need to quote this if you have any queries with your payment.
- Your receipt will not show your debit / credit card details, so if your receipt is lost or stolen, your card details will remain confidential.
- If your payment is refused, the application will display a screen informing you of this situation. Remember – it is not the council that is refusing your card payment – it is the card issuing bank that is refusing to authorise the payment.
- If this occurs you will need to contact your card company to discuss the reasons for the refusal and make alternative arrangements to make payment to the council.
- Where an overpayment occurs as a result of a change in liability, a refund may be issued following a request to the relevant service area.
- Where payment was initially made by debit / credit card, refunds shall normally be applied back to the same card account.
- Where Internet payments require an authorised refund to be applied to the transaction, the payment will only be refunded to the card making the initial payment.
The council provides a secure online payments facility, fully managed to Level 1 approval in line with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements. All information that you send will be fully 128 bit encrypted.
The online payments system complies with all of the security requirements of the PCI council – CV2 input, Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode etc. and the council will continue to enhance the application to the highest security standards.
If you should have any difficulties with the payment process you can contact the Council at:
Bowling Green Road
Telephone: 01536 410333
Links to other sites
Certain links in our site will take you outside our site to an external web address.These links will all open in the same browser window, to open the site in a new window hold the shift key or right click the link and select 'open in new window'.
We makeevery effort to ensure that the links provided by this web-site to other web-sites are relevant and provide useful information.
These links are provided for your convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site.
We cannot vouch for the accuracy of any of the external sites linked to, or guarantee that these links will work all of the time as we have no control over the availability of the linked sites.
For further information about external links or advice on how to request your link appears on our website, please read our External Web Links Guidelines.
Like many websites, www.kettering.gov.uk places small data files known as cookies on your computer. Find out which cookies we use and why on our Cookies Information page.
Your feedback and comments
Kettering Borough Council welcomes your feedback and comments about Kettering Borough Council, about the town and about this site.We consider any feedback, comments or other material you post on this site, or send us through this site, as non-confidential. Kettering Borough Council will be free to use this material, your feedback and comments, and any data transmitted with them in any way it requires.
You are prohibited from posting or sending any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic material to or from this site, or any other material that would break any law.
Kettering Borough Council may monitor or review any areas of the site where users send or post communications, feedback, comments or other material. However, Kettering Borough Council has no liability related to these communications, feedback, comments or materials.