Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licencing
Private Hire Test
Before you apply for a private hire licence you need to take a knowledge test at the Council's offices.
The test is written, comprises of 9 questions and will last approximately 20 minutes.
You will be expected to obtain 7/9 to pass. There are two papers, and on failure of one paper you may book another time to retry the second paper (maximum 2 papers).
After failing two papers you cannot take another Private Hire Test for six months from the date of last test taken.
The tests are conducted at the Council offices every other Tuesday. To book a test, you can:
- Complete an online request form,
- Email us at email@example.com,
- Telephone us on 01536 534307, or
- Come and see us at one of our Customers Service Centres in Kettering, Burton Latimer, Rothwell or Desborough.
Pages in Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licencing
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Hackney Carriage Test
- 3. You are here: Private Hire Test
- 4. Authorised Hackney Carriage Fares
- 5. Reporting Accidents
- 6. Draft Consultation Letter - New Proposed Vehicle Seat Widths - January 2015