Disabled Facilities Grants
The Council is required by law to provide the statutory Disabled Facilities Grant to adapt homes for people with a disability if the adaptation is considered necessary, appropriate, practical and reasonable.
The maximum Grant available is £30,000.
The Disabled Facilities Grant is means tested (financial assessment) on the person with the disability and any spouse/partner they have. However, in the case of a child there is no means test. Also, please note that applicants receiving the following means tested benefits will NOT need to be means tested:
- Income Support
- Income-based Employment Support Allowance
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Guaranteed pension credit
- Housing benefit
- Working tax credit/child tax credit with assessed income less than £15,050
If you wish to make an application for a Disabled Facilities Grant contact Private Sector Housing on 01536 410333.
A member of the Private Sector Housing team will arrange to visit you in your home to discuss your needs and if appropriate they will refer you to the Community Occupational Therapy team for an assessment.
The Occupational Therapist recommends the necessary work and supports your application to Kettering Borough Council.
Last updated: 11/10/2013
Pages in Housing Grants
- 1. Grants
- 2. You are here: Disabled Facilities Grants
- 3. Disabled Facilities Grants - Eligibility
- 4. Disabled Facilities Grants - How to apply
- 5. Disabled Facilities - Repairs to existing facilities
- 6. HomeMove Grants (Private Sector)
- 7. Landlord Improvement Grant
- 8. Minor Repairs Grants for Private Landlords