Have Your Say
Connect - Tenants Newsletter
Connect is a magazine for tenants and leaseholders of Kettering Borough Council, to give them information on issues that affect them. Tenants make up the majority of the editorial panel and you can contact the editorial panel at email@example.com
Download previous editions of Connect
This is where a representative from an association can take your questions, views and ideas and raise them on your behalf to the tenants' forum. The tenants' forum meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month and is made up of representatives from tenants' and residents' associations, Council Housing Officers and councillors. The representative can vote at the forum on your behalf and has the chance to talk about any problems in their area. The forum is a public meeting where local people may also speak about any housing issues.
Forum meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month, except August. They take place in the council offices, on Bowling Green Road. If you plan to attend a Tenants' Forum please contact the Housing Communication and Information Officer on 01536 535650.
Our tenant representatives can go to county and regional conferences. We arrange visits to other boroughs around the region to meet other tenants, make contacts and share ideas.
Download agendas, reports and minutes from previous Tenants' Forums
Tenants' Overview and Scrutiny Panel
This is a group of tenants and Council Housing Officers who meet every month to monitor the performance of the Housing Management Team and the depot. This includes looking at:
- how quickly we relet our properties
- how much rent is collected and how much is owed
- how much it costs to manage the housing
- how we are doing in collecting money from the previous tenants
- how many houses have been sold under the right to buy
- how much rent we will lose through this.
The group's main concern is looking in detail at how and where your rent money is spent. Therfore, every three months the group gets a detailed breakdown of the housing revenue account.
Costs of managing a tenants' and residents' association
We will cover all the costs involved in managing a tenants' and residents' association, including printing newsletters, hiring rooms, providing a taxi service or petrol costs. There is also a start-up grant available if you are setting up an association and an annual grant to keep you going.
The Tenants Resource Centre is at 9 Grange Place, Kettering. It is fully equipped for all our tenants' and residents' associations and other community groups to use.
If you want to become involved or have any questions about tenant involvement, please contact the Housing Communication and Information Officer, on 01536 535650 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Housing Tour 2016
In June, members of the Tenants Forum were invited on the annual Housing Tour. This year, the tour included:
- A buffet meal at the Corn Market
- A visit to Hampden Crescent to see and discuss plans for the Council’s Homes for the Future Project
- A visit to the innovative Rain Garden feature built at Northumberland Avenue
- A visit to Laburnham Crescent, where work has begun on new council homes
- A visit to the site of the old Savoy Road cinema, which has been transformed into 18 new one-bed apartments
- A visit to Harry Potter House, where a major refurbishment project has recently been completed