Paying Your Council House Rent
There are many different ways you can pay your Council house rent. You can pay by:
- Direct Debit
- PayPoint Outlets
- Post Office
- Telephone (using Debit or Credit card)
- Internet Payments
- Standing Order
- Through your wages
You can also pay by cheque at the council offices, by putting the cheque in an envelope and posting into the grey wall box in reception. You must make sure that your name, address and reference number are clearly printed on the back of the cheque.
Last updated 20/08/2010
Pages in Paying Your Council House Rent
- 1. You are here: Payments
- 2. Direct Debit
- 3. Paying via PayPoint
- 4. Post Office
- 5. By telephone using a credit or debit card
- 6. Online payments
- 7. By Post
- 8. Standing Order
- 9. Through your wages
- 10. What happens if my rent card is lost or damaged?
- 11. How do I find out how much rent I owe?
- 12. What should I do if I miss a week's payment or I am struggling to meet my weekly payments?
- 13. What can I do if I have rent arrears?
- 14. How do I know how much rent I need to pay?
- 15. Can I get independent assistance if I go into arrears?
- 16. Service and other charges
- 17. When are the 'no collection' weeks?
- 18. Rent Setting