LDF Background Studies
Background paper: Housing
Following the enactment of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, a number of changes have, and are, being made in relation to the planning system so as to improve and streamline the process of producing development plans at all levels and improving the development control aspect of planning.
Alongside the changes to the planning system, a growth document has been published known as the Milton Keynes and South Midlands Sub-Regional Strategy (MKSM SRS).
Within this document, Kettering Borough has been highlighted as a main growth area along with Corby and Wellingborough Borough's which, with East Northamptonshire District, form the North Northamptonshire Growth Area.
A Joint Planning Unit has been established to provide a strategic approach for the growth proposed and to manage cross-boundary issues and set out strategic policy for the spatial development of North Northamptonshire.
Each individual authority is responsible for providing the remainder of the policy framework throughout their individual Borough's, and policies and guidance will be provided in the form of Local Development Documents.
The Borough Council is initially proposing to produce Area Action Plans for Kettering Town Centre, Kettering Urban Extension and for the Desborough and Rothwell Strategic Development Areas as well as a Site Specific Local Development Document covering the remainder of the Borough.
Download the Background Paper: Housing document
Last updated: 19/01/2011
Pages in LDF Background Studies
- 1. Kettering Borough Documents
- 2. Local Plan Review Issues Paper 2002
- 3. Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA)
- 4. North Northants Housing Market Assessment
- 5. Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRAs)
- 6. Jointly Prepared Documents
- 7. Employment Land
- 8. Annual Monitoring Report
- 9. You are here: Background paper: Housing
- 10. Kettering Urban Extension Strategic Design Guidance
- 11. Kettering Retail Sites Study
- 12. PPG17 Open Space Needs Assessment
- 13. Gypsy & Traveller Accommodation Assessment
- 14. Kettering Town Centre AAP Topic Papers - Retail, Commercial & Housing